Project #1 has 3,083 Users
What do I need to know?
This project is all about integrating those client-side technology skills. We’ll teach you all the extras you need to know, so make sure you’ve got the prerequisites covered:
Otherwise known as HyperText Markup Language. You’ll need basic knowledge of HTML.
The DOM, or document object model, is the browser’s object model. We’ll be using the DOM, and a little knowledge is helpful, but you can probably pick it up as we go.
Do you have style? That is, do you know Cascading Style Sheets? You just need basic knowledge.
Events and Timers
Absolutely no knowledge of generative algorithms or artificial life is needed. We’ll teach you everything you need to know.
Discover the Game of Life
The Game of Life is a simple simulation that exhibits incredibly interesting emergent behavior. It’s perfect for a project because its core algorithm has only four rules, allowing you to focus on implementing user interaction, the display, and the timing aspects of the game. Here are a few other facts about the game:
- The board consists of a two-dimensional grid, where each cell is alive or dead.
- In each round of the game, cells live or die based on four simple rules (which we’ll give you).
- From these simple rules, a whole world of life, death, mobility and replication emerges.
- Those who study this game (yes, people study it) refer to the patterns it generates with terms like still life, oscillators, gliders and spaceships.
The rules of cell life and death; we’ll cover these in detail in the course.
Take a look behind the scenes
Don’t take our word for it. Take a tour of WickedlySmart Projects in living color. This short video will give you a taste of what you’ll get with a WickedlySmart Project.
How do I get it?
Join over 3,000 other developers who have already taken their skills to the next level (and had a lot of fun doing it).
- 56 individual lessons and exercises.
- Over an hour and a half of video content.
- Working code you can take with you.
- You’ll create a real application that delivers real functionality.
- You’ll work across design, styling, user interaction, coding, and testing.
- Expect your mind to be engaged.
- Experience how an expert approaches coding real projects.